- Did Hagar have a choice about sleeping with Abraham?
- The specific spring beside which the angel met Hagar is mentioned. It was the spring beside the road to Shur.
- The angel tells Hagar exactly what to name her son. Why is/was God so particular about names?
- The angel is supposed to be blessing Hagar, yet he is telling her that her son’s hand would be against everybody. Is that supposed to be a blessing? What does it even mean?
- The well beside which the Angel met Hagar was still in existence at the time of the writing. Makes sense.
- Although it was Hagar who had met the angel, it was Abram who named Ishmael. Did Hagar tell him the name or did he simply think of it?