- The Egyptians didn’t get food from Joseph for free. They had to buy it. Hadn’t Joseph taken it from them in the first place?
- Joseph made the people in Egypt Pharaoh’s slaves which would mean that they formerly were not (47:18 – 21).
- Joseph made Pharaoh rich(er) through the famine (Genesis 47).
- The Israelites settled in the land of Goshen, in the district of Rameses (47:11, 27).
- Jacob made Joseph swear not to bury him in Egypt but in the same place as his ancestors. He asked this of Joseph specifically and (it seems) not his other children (47: 29 – 31).