- Strange as it seems, Jacob asked that Joseph’s first two sons (Ephraim and Manasseh) be counted as his rather than Joseph’s (48:5, 6).
- God chose the younger son of Abraham (Isaac) rather than the older (Ishmael).He chose the younger son of Isaac (Jacob) rather than the older (Esau). When Jacob was blessing Joseph’s children, he blessed decided to make the younger (Ephraim) greater than the elder (Manasseh).
- Jacob calls God “the Angel who has delivered me from all harm” and asks God, the Angel, to bless Joseph’s sons (48:16).
- Jacob knew which son was older and which was younger even though he was getting blind (48:17-19).
- Jacob gave Joseph one more portion than his brothers. One for Manasseh and one for Ephraim.