- With the plague of hail, God wanted Pharaoh to know that there was no one like him in all the earth (v 14).
- God claimed to be the one who had raised Pharaoh up (v 16).
- God showed mercy to the Egyptians by warning them about the hail beforehand and telling them to bring their livestock in. It seems his intention was not destroy them, but to show his power (v 18, 19).
- By this point, some of the Egyptians already had some fear for God (v 20, 21).
- In verses 34 and 35, both Pharaoh and his officials hardened their hearts.