This page will be updated as I progress in my research on the Conquest of Canaan. As I have previously said, my intention is to collect as much data as I can, evaluate the data and draw conclusions and then handle possible objections. It’s a variation of my strategy on dealing with tough passages.
Here is a tentative outline
1. Collect Data from the Bible
2. Collect Data from External Sources
A. Data on conquest in the (traditional) time of Moses
B. Data on the Canaanites
3. Evaluate and Summarize all information collected
4. Construct and Write a brief Thesis on the issue
5. Handle Objections to the Thesis
As anyone can see, this is a very ambitious plan and the process promises to be long, time consuming and very frustrating. I think it is worth it, though and I would appreciate any help you can provide along the way.